We wanted to give an update about what we at Eastpoint are doing to reduce and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
First off, we are closely following the guidelines presented by BC Health and our Chiropractic College and Associations. At this time, we will continue to be open for regular operations, but with reduced hours. If circumstances change, we will do what is required to keep individuals, families and our communities safe.
When you come to the office, you may notice a few changes to minimize risk to our patients.
- We will be screening people as they come into the office, asking about:
- Current cough, difficulty breathing, or a fever.
- Recent travel by yourself or a family member – that is, arrival back in Canada within the last 2 weeks.
- And please, if you have any of these, please stay home and CALL the office to reschedule your appointment. There will be no cancellation fee applied.
- We have removed the water station and all the children’s toys and books in the rooms. Parents – please remember to bring toys or books to entertain your kids during your appointment.
- All appointments or family groupings have a 15 minute spacing between them in an effort to maximize social distancing, as recommended by BC Health authorities.
In our operations
- You will be directed to enter one of the treatment rooms shortly after your arrival, thereby minimizing time spent in communal areas.
- We will continue to use fabric for headrest coverings, supporting our environmental values, as well as ensuring a fuller coverage on the headrest during the appointment.
- We will continue to use air purifiers with UV filters in each room.
- We will fully sanitize the treatment room after each appointment.
- We will not be doing direct billing to extended health, as an effort to minimize time in the waiting room for clients.
- We will request a Visa, Visa Debit, MC or other credit card on file to expedite the appointment completion
But, what can YOU do to stay healthy and support your immune system?
- Wash your hands! It is the best way to protect yourself and those around you.
- Don’t touch your face or eyes. Viruses enter our bodies through our mouth, nose or eyes. Avoid touching those regions whenever possible.
- Get sleep. It is a proven way to help your body stay healthy and resilient.
- Stay hydrated. Fluids help flush out your body systems so that they can be stronger.
- Get moving. Exercise helps us, body and soul. Get outside and go for a hike. Do yoga at home. Turn up the music and have a dance party.
- Reduce your social media. There is so much out there right now that can cause stress and anxiety, both of which are stressors on the immune system. Give yourself a daily limit and stick to it.
- Reduce your stress – practice mindfulness, gratitude, mediation and deep breathing. Stress decreases our ability to fight infections.
- Connect with others. Social distancing doesn’t have to mean isolation. Skype, Facebook messenger, FaceTime… we have the technology now to have “virtual” everything – meetings, watch parties, even play dates.
- Take your vitamins! – Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and essential fatty acids help support your immune system function, and decreases inflammation.
I hope that all this reassures you that we are doing our very best to keep you safe, healthy, and moving.